High-speed data transmission is crucial in today’s data-driven world. As the demand for efficient and fast networking solutions grows, 100G QSFP28 cables have become increasingly popular. These cables come in various types, including Direct Attach Copper (DAC) cables and Active Optical Cables (AOC), offering different benefits and applications. In this blog post, we will discuss the different types of 100G QSFP28 cables, their applications, and why you should consider purchasing optical modules at QSFPTEK.COM.
QSFP28 Cables Introduction
QSFP28 cables are designed to support high-speed data transmission at 100Gbps. They are commonly used in data centers, enterprise networks, and high-performance computing environments. QSFP28 cables are designed to support high-speed data transmission at 100Gbps, ensuring fast and efficient data transfer for various applications. They are commonly used in data centers, enterprise networks, and high-performance computing environments to provide a robust and reliable solution to meet the growing demands of today’s data-driven world.
There are three main types of 100G QSFP28 cables, each with unique features and benefits, catering to different connectivity requirements:
- 100G QSFP28 DAC (Direct Attach Copper) cables: These cables utilize copper as the transmission medium, providing a cost-effective solution for short-range, high-speed connections. DAC cables offer low power consumption, low latency, and are suitable for distances of up to 7 meters. They are ideal for data center interconnects, short-range connections within enterprise networks, and high-performance computing clusters.
- 100G QSFP28 AOC (Active Optical Cables): AOC cables employ optical fiber for data transmission, allowing for longer transmission distances compared to DAC cables. They support data rates of up to 100Gbps and can reach distances of up to 100 meters. Active Optical Cables use electrical-to-optical and optical-to-electrical converters, enabling higher flexibility, lower power consumption, and improved signal integrity over longer distances. They are ideal for medium-range connections in data centers, enterprise networks, and other high-speed networking applications where copper cables may not be suitable.
- MTP-12 Fiber cables with 100GBASE-SR4: These cables use MTP-12 connectors and multi-mode fiber to support high-speed data transmission over distances of up to 100 meters. The 100GBASE-SR4 standard utilizes parallel optics technology, transmitting data over 4 separate lanes, with each lane supporting 25Gbps. MTP-12 fiber cables with 100GBASE-SR4 are well-suited for data centers, high-performance computing environments, and enterprise networks that require high bandwidth and low latency connections.
When selecting the right 100G QSFP28 cable for your specific needs, it is essential to consider factors such as transmission distance, power consumption, latency, and cost. By understanding the unique features and benefits of each cable type, you can make an informed decision and ensure optimal performance and reliability for your network infrastructure.
|100G QSFP28 DAC||Copper||Up to 7 meters||100Gbps||Data centers, short-range connections|
|100G QSFP28 AOC||Optical fiber||Up to 100 meters||100Gbps||Data centers, medium-range connections|
|MTP-12 Fiber cable with 100GBASE-SR4||Optical fiber||Up to 100 meters||100Gbps||Data centers, high-performance computing, enterprise networks|
Types of 100G Passive DAC
100G QSFP28 to 100G QSFP28 Passive DAC
The 100G QSFP28 to QSFP28 Passive DAC cable is designed for short-range, high-speed connections between QSFP28-enabled devices. These cables use copper as the transmission medium and support data rates of up to 100Gbps over distances up to 7 meters. They are ideal for cost-effective, low-latency connections in data centers and other networking environments.
100G QSFP28 to 4× 25G SFP28 Passive DAC Cable
The 100G QSFP28 to 4x 25G SFP28 Passive DAC cable is designed for high-speed connections between a single QSFP28 port and four separate SFP28 ports. This cable allows for the efficient use of 100G QSFP28 ports by splitting the bandwidth into four individual 25Gbps connections. These cables are ideal for data center interconnects and other high-speed networking applications where multiple 25G connections are required.
Types of 100G AOC
100G QSFP28 to 100G QSFP28 AOC
The 100G QSFP28 to QSFP28 AOC cable uses active optical technology to transmit data over longer distances compared to passive DAC cables. These cables support data rates of up to 100Gbps and can reach distances up to 100 meters. AOC cables are ideal for data centers and other applications where medium-range connections with lower power consumption and higher flexibility are required.
100G DAC and 100G AOC Applications
100G DAC and 100G AOC cables are widely used in various applications, including:
- Data center interconnects: Both 100G DAC and 100G AOC cables are used to interconnect switches, routers, and servers within data centers, providing high-speed
connections for efficient data transmission.
- Enterprise networks: These cables are ideal for upgrading enterprise networks, offering increased bandwidth and faster data transfer rates to meet the growing demands of modern businesses.
- High-performance computing (HPC) clusters: In HPC clusters, low latency and high bandwidth are essential. Both 100G DAC and 100G AOC cables provide the high-speed connections required for optimal performance in these environments.
- Cloud service providers: 100G DAC and 100G AOC cables can be used to build high-speed connections between data centers and cloud service providers, ensuring efficient and reliable data transfers for cloud-based applications and services.
100G QSFP28 cables, including DAC and AOC cables, offer high-speed data transmission capabilities and cater to a wide range of applications, from data centers to enterprise networks and high-performance computing environments. Choosing the right cable type for your specific needs is crucial to ensure optimal performance and cost-effectiveness. We recommend purchasing optical modules and cables at QSFPTEK.COM, as they offer a wide selection of high-quality, cost-effective solutions, including 100G QSFP28 DAC and AOC cables. QSFPTEK is committed to providing excellent customer service, competitive pricing, and superior quality products, making them the perfect choice for all your optical module and cable needs. Upgrade your network infrastructure with QSFPTEK’s advanced and efficient 100G QSFP28 cables today.